Why Bucky Fuller’s Name Sometimes Appears Shortly After Mine
If adequate justice existed, I wouldn't choose to write with so many prepositional phrases and in so much third person. To quote Isaac Newton, "If I have seen further it is by standing on ye sholders of Giants." I'm privileged to have been given the opportunity to metaphorically stand on Bucky's and others' shoulders; in my personal case, Bucky being at the top of the list and near tying with Henry David Thoreau and many others. I add the caveat those Giants also metaphorically stood on other Giants' shoulders retrogressing millions of years if not more.
Most people I know were and continue to be given the same opportunity, but declined and continue to decline in favor of Bread and circuses. To again quote Isaac Newton, "I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." And to quote Martin Luther in my personally chosen paraphrased translation, "Here I stand, I can do no other."
I 100% agree with none of the above or yet to be named -- not even you :-) . The percentage of whatever intelligent disagreement we have, even if my writings survive my physical body, is The Dialectic.
(Four paragraphs, ten one-liners, and four endnotes, copyleft July 2, 2016 by Peter Voluntaryistic Walker)
There’s a medical definition and a legal definition; the main difference being medical professionals in most cases have the luxury of including shades of gray in their’s and legal professionals don’t — with the caveat that in law, the consequences for a crime can be mitigated. That said, I in relationship to myself have the luxury of my chosen/wordsmithed medical version, and I in self-discipline towards others choose to be bound by my chosen/wordsmithed legal definition. These two are my personal blending of what I found through onelook.com and Psychology Today:
– Medical: Consistent unreason with severe consequences.
– Legal: Mental illness/uncontrollable impulsive behavior so severe the person can’t differ fantasy from reality or competently/morally conduct his or her life.
– I consider the legal version to be more severe than the medical version*.
– My personal legal definition applies to, in the words of several legends, my “line in the sand” for the two-way street of what I’ll permit to occur in my relationships.
– I consider a person willing to coerce his/her subjective beliefs/conclusions on another to be legally insane according to my personal set of laws; law in the context of behavior standards I choose for myself and those I relate to.
– There’s a difference between circular illogic and one definition* depending on another definition. An example of circular illogic from a children’s dictionary is calling a rope a “thick string” and calling a string a “thin rope”. By contrast, a valid and verifiable definition leads to related definitions in ways adding more knowledge ad infinitum for the same reason every answer/hypothesis/theory to questions such as “Where did I come from?” raises new questions.
– My medical and legal definitions of insane particularly depend on the contextual meaning of these key words:
— Competent: Able to reliably complete a duty*; e.g., a commercial airline pilot has a duty to fly a commercial aircraft to professional standards and a non-vegetative human has a duty to live independently if relying on him/herself alone and cooperatively if not.
— Moral: Having and following a win-win standard of behavior when participating in human relationships.
— Reason: Able to balance intuition and logic in order to be competent; i.e., competent beyond psychomotor-only skills.
— Reality: The ability to differ between the subjective and the objective; a textbook example being the Roman citizen Saul who later became the Christian Apostle/Saint Paul: Walking on the road to Damascus, he allegedly had a spiritual experience, but in such cases there is no way for one person prove it to another person. Maybe he did have a spiritual experience, maybe he had some kind of a psychological experience like a stroke, or maybe he just made up a story to scam people with. Thus it’s an objective fact the story was documented, but it’s only a subjective interpretation that a miracle occurred.
— Severe: Repeatedly placing the self or others in physical, mental, or economic harms way when there are less harmful options.
* “definition” – http://facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/the-social-institution-of-the-dictionary/914481898579631 aka http://thugsinsuits.com/the-social-institution-of-the-dictionary-six-paragraphs/
* “medical version” – The term “clinically insane” is more slang than formal; in formal cases it refers to legalities based the testimony of medical professionals.
* “duty” – The above description applies to verbal behavior as much a physical; e.g., a person voluntarily entering an intellectual debate/discussion has a duty to remain reasonable as opposed to being blatantly emotional or sophist.
Also posted at https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-voluntaryist-walker/my-relationship-line-in-the-sand-aka-i-no-longer-do-crazy/1334717759889374
I didn’t write this example and didn’t keep any of those I did because I was on others’ clocks; but this is an extremely similar example and one heck of a reference from http://asq.org/2010/06/iso-9000/sample-quality-manual-service.doc. I linked it following this sentence in case ASQ deletes it, restricts it to members, changes it, etc.: sample-quality-manual-service
In reference to the lyrics of the linked video (https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?list=PLC4FE8E9E83CB829C), “Never gonna give you up; Never gonna let you down; Never gonna run around and desert you; Never gonna make you cry; Never gonna say goodbye; Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you” my first spouse and I did all the above to each other based on our empiric almost life-long immaturity and I 100% apologize for my part to whomever were collateral damage and the best I can now do is to make-restitution/pass-it-forward. This tune (https://youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY?list=PLC4FE8E9E83CB829C) has a calming effect for all of us realizing we unwittingly participated in mans’ inhumanity to man.